Saturday, August 23, 2014

Beautiful Makeup Application Begins with Proper Skin Care

As a makeup artist and makeup fanatic, the most important step in makeup application is skincare. I find that makeup needs a proper canvas before application, just like an artist needs a clean canvas before painting.

I have an extensive skin regimen because I know the importance of taking care of my skin and my body. I make sure to remove all traces of makeup each night. This is key in keeping the face clear of blackheads, pimples and breakouts. 

I start out with my nightly face cleansing routine. I wet my face with luke warm water and begin with a face wash that has organic ingredients. Once washed, I rinse with cold water. Rinsing in cold water is important because it closes the pores up. Now from here depending on the day of the week I exfoliate my face with a facial scrub. This removes all the nasty particles that are underneath the skin. I love doing this because it gets my face really clean. I follow again by rinsing the face with cool water. After exfoliating, depending on the week I apply and organic mask. I follow the directions and rinse afterwards. As a finisher I tone my skin with Witch Hazel which is amazing and apply my moisturizers. It's also important to use an under eye cream as a precaution to undereye wrinkles. 

In the mornings my routine is just washing, toning and applying a moisturizer. After that I apply my makeup and I am ready to go!!! 

Everyone has different skin and it's important to know what skin type you are so that you can proplerly apply products that fit you best.

To Be Continued.........



No comments:

Post a Comment